NCMA CONSTABLE’S & MARSHAL'S CODE OF ETHICS
Per the National Constables & Marshals Association
As an elected and appointed public servant, sworn to carry out the constitutional responsibilities of the position of Constable and Marshal:
- I shall dutifully carry out the duties of my office.
- I shall, at all times, function without prejudice or regard for an individual’s race, religion, or place of birth.
- I shall never be a part of an attempt to inhibit or evade the law.
- I shall at all time act in a manner in which understanding and justice is communicated to those with whom I come into contact in my work.
- I shall conduct my private life unblemished and mindful of others.
- I shall be courteous and maintain self-restraint.
- I shall be a part of the professional organization designed to protect and upgrade the performance of the Constable and Marshal.
- I shall not personally solicit for funds in the performance of my work to enhance any organization.
- I shall seek every opportunity for such training as will enhance my ability to do a better job.
- I recognize my badge of authority as a symbol of the public trust and I recognize that as a law enforcement officer, I shall never bring disgrace upon the people, whose faith and confidence elected me as their Constable or Marshal.
- I recognize my duty to protect the constitutional rights of all people.
- I shall at all times wear appropriate attire and the necessary equipment to carry out my responsibilities.
- I shall never speak with criticism of a fellow Constable and Marshal except at the appropriate forum provided by an appropriate Constables and Marshals' organization.
- I shall never knowingly infringe upon the operation of another Constable and Marshal.
- I shall never resort to unnecessary force in the performance of my duties.
- I shall not accept gratuities offered by anyone employing my service.
- I shall perform my duties expeditiously and promptly, and I shall transmit an immediate report to those whose work I have accepted.
- I shall strive to adhere to the aforementioned as long as I shall serve as Constable or Marshal.